Current Ohio University Students and Staff
If parking in a University lot, a current, valid permit must be displayed. Park in a designated, legal parking space and be sure your permit is clearly displayed to avoid being ticketed. Keep clear of hydrants, alleyways, and driveways when parking.
- There is no visitor parking allowed on Ohio University property during this weekend. Temporary or time restricted passes are not valid (i.e. Hocking College, High School Student Employee Permits).
- Visitors may park at the Athens City Parking Garage on Washington Street.
- Visitors may park at the Athens County Fairgrounds on W. Union Street. ($10/car). Gates open Friday at 11:00 a.m. You can park and leave your car until noon Monday. A shuttle will run from the fairgrounds to the Uptown area on Friday from 5:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m., and Saturday from 3:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. The Shuttle will pick up and drop off passengers at Buffalo Wild Wings on Union and the Convocation Center. Shuttle cost is $1 each way.
- Check the Athens Public Transit Halloween service map on Google Maps
- Limited parking available at Wal-Mart, using the back of the lot.
- Limited parking also available at Athens Middle School, on West State Street.
- City buses also run to the fairgrounds.
- Port-a-johns available at the fairgrounds.
- Keep clear of hydrants, alleyways, and driveways when parking.
If Your Car is Towed
Please contact OU Parking Services at 740-593-1917.
The towing companies for University Property are:
- Autotech 740-592-1907
- Curtis Towing 740-593-7048
- IBX Towing 740-592-2494
- Tab’s Taxi 740-594-8294
- Athens Cab LLC’s 740-594-7433 (594-RIDE)
- Green Cab 740-594-7336
- Athens GOTO Cab 740-590-4686
- Athens Police Department 740-593-6606
- Ohio University Police Department 740-593-1911
- Ohio University Parking Services 740-593-1917
- OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital 740-593-5551
Mill Street Traffic Pattern May Change
- Parking may be removed on Mill St. this weekend, watch for temporary signage.